Welcome to The Wine Shop by Vine & Table, Indiana’s premier wine store staffed by those passionate about bringing Indianapolis a carefully curated and unique selection of the finest quality products. TWS by Vine & Table is a new venture opening early this summer at 5897 N. College Ave Indianapolis, IN 46220 offering a trend-forward experience to the Indianapolis wine community with a high level of service and a unique approach to the world of Burgundy, Bordeaux, Pinot Noir, Cabernet Sauvignon, Champagne and so much more.
Our focus on providing top products, value, and the absolute best customer service starts with our valued employees. We have Career Opportunities for Wine Sales Associate. Those interested should email resume, cover letter and application to: email@example.com
Company/Brand: The Wine Shop by Vine & Table
Position: Wine Sales Associate
Location: Indianapolis, Indiana
Type: Full Time & Part Time available
Reports to: Store Manager
Approval Date: 3/24/2017
The Wine Shop (TWS) Wine Sales Associate will support the efforts and objectives of the store and is responsible for creating a memorable wine and customer service experience while maximizing wine sales and growing the client base. The associate will perform all aspects of retail sales including, but not limited to, serving customers, selling, closing the sale, and accurately completing the sale on the Point of Sale system while adhering to all company policies. The successful candidate will be passionate about wine and have the natural ability to sell and establish rapport with client base.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Provide concierge-style customer service in all aspects: welcome guests, educate and present product portfolio and elevate the customer wine experiences
- Create and execute an exclusive experience for each customer: confidently and knowledgably speak to wines, varietals, vintages, regions, pairing and to the full TWS product assortment
- Promote the sale of wine and other products sold, with an emphasis on closing the sale and up-selling
- Build strong client relations and meet business development goals with outreach programs
- Collect names, contact information and preferences in order to build customer lists and profiles
- Learn CRM & POS systems accurately
- Accountable for following Standard Operating Procedures and supporting company goals
- Stock inventory, maintain displays and cleanliness of the retail and storage areas
- Assist with tastings and events
- Perform other duties as assigned by managers
Qualifications, Education & Experience:
- Must be 21 years of age with valid Driver’s License
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Must qualify for and obtain an Indiana State Liquor permit
- High level of wine knowledge, Certified Specialist of Wine (CSW) preferred
- 2 years previous experience in the wine industry, hospitality setting and/or sales position preferred
- Must be available to work weekends, special events and holidays
- Enthusiasm for wine, food and interest in expanding expertise
- Superior customer service skills and follow-through
- Excellent communication, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Friendly, positive and professional disposition when dealing with guests, vendors and team members
- Be a team player, working with other sales associates to reach monthly and daily sales goals
- Maintain a professional appearance at all times
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task, follow-up and work in a fast pace environment under pressure
- Must have strong attention to detail
- Pro-active and thorough in completing existing tasks and pursuing new assignments
- Ability to stay organized, multi-task and work independently with minimal direct supervision
- Demonstrated reliability, punctuality, and adherence to all safety regulations and standard operating procedures.
- Must be able to frequently lift, carry, push and pull weights of up to 50 pounds at varying frequencies
- Ability to operate various types of machinery to include, but not limited to, automobiles, wine dispensers, dishwashers etc.
- Ability to perform tasks requiring bending, stooping, standing, and twisting in the performance of various tasks
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
- Must have the ability to travel within the area serviced by the company: Greater metro Indianapolis
Vine & Table is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity and does not discriminate because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information or any other basis governed by federal, state or local law or ordinance or regulation. Equal employment opportunity will be extended to all persons in all aspects of the employer-employee relationship, including recruitment, hiring, upgrading, training, promotion, transfer, discipline, layoff, recall and termination.
Vine & Table will reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with a disability so that they can perform the essential functions of a job unless doing so causes a direct threat to these individuals or others in the workplace and the threat cannot be eliminated by reasonable accommodation and/or if the accommodation creates an undue hardship to Vine & Table. Contact your supervisor and/or the HR Manager with any questions or requests for accommodation.
This job description indicated in general the nature and levels of work, knowledge, skills, and abilities and other essential functions (as covered under the Americans with Disabilities’ Act) expected of an employee. It is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for their job. An employee may be asked to perform other duties, responsibilities, and activities as required.