The weather is warming, the birds are singing, and we are tolerating the April showers in the hopes of May flowers. It must be spring. As the days turn brighter I for one find my tastes turning in a similar manner. While my appreciation of Scotch and Bourbon never fades I find my eyes turning more and more to the white side of the spirits spectrum. The question was which white spirit to endorse this week. Everyone has their favorites and whether they love gin, tequila, or vodka I want to provide my guests with the best possible suggestions.
The answer, of course, is one of the most versatile cocktail combinations in the spirit world. For gin lovers it is known as the Pegu Club. If you prefer vodka you call it a Kamikaze. In the world of Tequila it is the classic Margarita. But whatever you call it, you’ll be sure to agree that it is the perfect complement to a bright spring day. The best part is that this recipe is as simple as it is delicious.
Pegu Club / Kamikaze/ Margarita
- 2oz of your favorite white spirit
- 1oz Pierre Ferrand Dry Curacao
- 3/4oz Master of Mixes Unsweetened Lime Juice
- For Gin add 2 dashes of angostura bitters
- Pour all ingredients into a shaker filled with ice.
- Shake for 10 -15 seconds
- Pour from shaker into your favorite glass (If you want to garnish the glass be our guest)
- Kick back and enjoy!
This is a bright citrusy cocktail sure to satisfy this spring and all year round.